- Coworkers on the Phone – Whether it’s a work related call or a personal, chances are your cube or office neighbors don’t want to hear it! Yep, you heard that right – it’s pretty likely that even if you have an office with the door closed, you can hear what’s going on around you.
- Videos on Social Media – Videos might not be the most productive use of time, but let’s face it, we all do it. Between YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat and more, we are all guilty of watching a video at work from time to time. But that doesn’t mean your coworkers (or your boss) want to listen to the latest dog or cooking video.
- Pen Clicking/Finger Tapping/Ice Crunching and Other Annoying Habits – Your habits might help to keep you busy or focused, but they do just the opposite for your coworkers. They’re annoying and distracting!
- Small Talk – Every office has that person who lingers in the hallways making small talk with everyone. Whether this person is very enthusiastic or just trying to avoid work, one thing’s for sure – it’s noisy. Even if you manage to avoid getting trapped in the hallway with the small talker, you can always hear it going on. And that’s equally as bad.
- Kitchen/Microwave – Lunch time is generally everyone’s favorite time! You get to take a break from work, chow down, and relax. But lunch also comes with some not so great things – the smells and the sounds. We can’t do anything to help with the smell (try air freshener?) but luckily, Office Privacy can help with the lunch noises, and all the other distracting office sound!
If you are tired of hearing these sounds (and plenty of others), it’s time for you to consider sound masking from Office Privacy. Let’s be honest, pen clicking and phones ringing can be annoying, but there are a lot of much larger risks that come from having a lack of speech privacy in your workplace.
Your cube neighbor can probably get over your chit-chat, but a client may not get over their information being overheard. While you can’t always stop the tapping and talking from happening, you can stop hearing it with a sound masking system from Office Privacy. Get a free quote today.